Your sidewalks, entryways, and pool decks may all be functional, but our talented teams here at Delta Concrete Contractors know how to make them exceptionally functional and beautiful.
We specialize in unique, decorative concrete work and offer an array of premium decorative concrete installation services. Our projects complement homes and businesses throughout Delta, BC, and we bring more than 11 years of industry experience to every job.
Benefits of Decorative Concrete
- Cost — decorative concrete floors compare favorably with wood, ceramic, or quarry tile floors when amortized over the life of the floor. When elaborate designs and complex patterns are incorporated, concrete can save money when compared to marble or slate.
- Craftsmanship— decorative concrete installed by our quality concrete craftsman offers an unlimited color palette. Every application is unique and can be customized to meet the desires of a homeowner.
- Durability— when properly installed, concrete is one of the most durable materials on earth. Properly maintained, decorative concrete will last for many decades.
- Health— decorative concrete is a great alternative to carpeting for people suffering from respiratory ailments and allergies.
- Optimal Radiant Heating— whether in a slab-on-ground or cement-based topping, decorative concrete is ideal for use with radiant floor heating due to its excellent thermal mass properties.
We are a locally owned and operated company, we’ve built our business on a solid foundation by providing the finest products, honest and quality work, and excellent customer service.
We are decorative concrete experts, meaning, you can depend on us for onsite assessments, free estimates, and expert planning assistance.
There are a variety of techniques that our experts use to achieve the desired concrete look:
Concrete Countertops — these can be cast-in-place at the customer’s residence or pre-fabricated off-site and delivered for installation and finishing.
The ability to integrate sloped drain boards, brass rails, and removable cutting boards and/or incorporate items such as crushed glass or seashells into the design adds to their appeal.
Polished Concrete — grinding in successive passes with diamond tools over the concrete surface creates a high-luster finish similar to marble. This is one of the fastest-growing processes in decorative concrete because of its distinctive look and reduced maintenance costs.
Skim Coats and Micro Toppings — a thinly applied material placed atop existing concrete can be layered in multiple lifts to create dimensional effects. Finishes can be broomed, troweled, or textured. These cement-based toppings provide great durability with a distinctive look.
Stamped and Textured Concrete — using this method, semi-hardened fresh concrete is stamped with special tools that make plain concrete mimic materials such as slate, stone, or brick.
With advancements in stamping tools and coloring methods, it’s almost impossible to distinguish between natural materials and decorative concrete.
Stamped Overlay — a decorative poured-in-place topping made from colored or uncolored cementitious high-performance material is placed on top of existing concrete, then textured and stamped. Many of the same techniques used with traditional stamped concrete can be used when stamping an overlay.
Stenciled Concrete and Overlays — through the use of paper stencils, this is a method of creating a particular pattern on existing or freshly placed concrete, replicating brick, cobblestone, and other shapes.
These are a few of the applications that our experts use to create aesthetically pleasing and durable decorative concrete for our customers in Delta, BC.
CALL US TODAY TO KNOW MORE ABOUT OUR SERVICES AND DESIGNS!